Course Application Procedures and Guidelines:
a. In Person:
On completion of the application form, please return it either in person or by an authorized representative to Hong Kong St. John Ambulance Association, 4/F., St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, Hong Kong. Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays from 8:30am to 6:18pm (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays).
b. By Mail:
Please complete the application form along with a crossed cheque made payable to Hong Kong St. John Ambulance for the course fee and relevant items (if any), a self-addressed stamped ($2) envelope; and then mail to Hong Kong St. John Ambulance Association, 4/F., St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, Hong Kong. (PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH / PROMISSORY NOTE). The application will be processed in about two weeks. The application will not be accepted if the information in the application form is incorrect, incomplete or insufficient, the applicant has sent insufficient fee or the applicant’s age does not meet the enrollment requirement. All application documents will then be returned to the applicant. Hong Kong St. John Ambulance is not responsible for any loss. When a class is full or cancelled by the Association, a 100% refund will be made.
c. By fax or email:
If the applicant would like to pay by PPS, please complete and return the application form to the Association by fax (fax no. 2976 0457) or by email (email:email@example.com), please also call 2530 8020 to 2530 8024, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for obtaining PPS payment code. The applicant must settle the payment within two working days after receiving the PPS payment code; otherwise, the application will not be accepted.
d. Online Payment (Suitable for some courses):
On completion of the online application form and settle the payment by VISA/MasterCard/Union Pay.
a. If the individual course becomes full, no further application will be accepted, all application documents will be returned to the applicant.
b. The Association reserves the right to refuse any application. The notification sheet will be sent to the applicant along with the Class and Examination Regulations. Upon acceptance of application, refund or swap course will not be accepted.
c. The notification sheet will be sent to the applicant two weeks prior to course commencement date. If applicant has not received the Class and Examination Regulations three days before class begins, please contact the Association at 2530 8020-24.
d. Applicants can arrange to have their places substituted should they be unable to attend the course by notifying the Association at least 10 days prior to course commencement with $100 Administration Fee to be charged.
e. The charge for duplicate receipt of course fee is $50.
III. Personal information of applicant
The personal data provided by means of this form will be used for course admission purposes and future contact. The provision of personal data by means of this form is voluntary. If you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to process your application or application documents will be returned to you. Enquiries concerning personal data collected can be sent in writing to: “Training Manager, St John Ambulance Association, 4/F., St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, Hong Kong”.
IV. Completion of Admission
a. Upon completion of admission, the applicant is admitted to be a student of the St. John Ambulance Association; he/she has to abide by the class and examination regulations including Guidelines for Course/Examination Participants (Please refer to Appendix). Requests on switching class will not be accepted. No refund will be made after payment.
b. In case the student has signs and symptoms of an upper respiratory infection, common cold or flu, the student should wear a face mask when attending classes.
c. Due to the large number of applications received for each course, the Association will assign classes for applicants randomly. If two or more applicants prefer to attend the same class, they should submit a joint application. Otherwise, the applicants will be admitted into different classes randomly.
d. First Aid Course Manual and Bandages Pack can be purchased at the Office of St John Ambulance Association or by mail order along with the course application (please state clearly at the back of the cheque the name of the applicant and items to be ordered). Ordered items will be delivered to the training venue on the first lesson. If the ordered items have not been claimed two weeks after course completion, all items will be disposed. No refund will be made for the ordered items.
V. Special case
a. If applicant suffers from physical or mobility constraint, i.e. knee flexion, fitted with artificial limb, visual and hearing impairments etc., and required for special assistance and arrangement while attending the course, an application form of Special Needs Arrangement upon course registration should be submitted to the Association where an administrative fee of $50 may be charged.
b. If applicant is pregnant or has a special medical condition, an application for Re-scheduling of Course / Examination by Recommendation from Registered Doctor / Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner, assessed and approved by an attending physician or Registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner should be submitted to the Association in support of the applicant’s attending the practical training and examination.
The Association reserves the right to amend the above guidelines from time to time without notifying individual applicant. Please refer to the Association website for most updated information.
(1) I declare that I meet the stipulated requirements of age for the selected course on the date of course commencement (I will provide my HKID Card/passport for verification if required by St. John Lecturer/Instructor/Staff). If the information given in this Form is incorrect and incomplete, I am not eligible to attend the course or being awarded a Certificate.
(2) I certify that, upon the completion of admission, I shall comply with the requirements as stipulated under the Course Application Procedures and Guidelines, including temporary arrangements, Course and Examination Notice.
(3) I understand that I need to take care of my personal belongings during class, examination and event. I certify that I am physically qualified to participate in the above course and examination. I understand that the course will involve physical exertion. I am solely responsible for any loss of or damage to my personal belongings, or any personal injury or death as a result of my own health condition, during attending course and examination. Hong Kong St. John Ambulance and the Sponsors shall not be under any liability for any loss in such circumstances.
(4) In the event of dispute in respect of these declarations or any rules and regulations arising from class, examination or event, the decision of the Hong Kong St. John Ambulance shall be final, binding and conclusive.
(5) I certify that I have read and understand the accompanying Hong Kong St. John Ambulance Guideline for the Use of Personal Data.
Hong Kong St. John Ambulance Guideline for the Use of Personal Data
Hong Kong St. John Ambulance (St. John) undertakes to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to ensure that personal data collected are accurate and securely kept. To ensure you are well informed of the personal data as collected, please read through this guideline.
Purpose of Collection and Guideline for Use of Personal Data
1. Hong Kong St. John Ambulance will use the personal data collected from data subject for the purposes for which it was collected.
2. To provide personal data to St. John is on voluntary basis. However, if you do not provide sufficient personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide service to you.
3. St. John may use your personal data in future (name, telephone number, fax number, email address, mailing address, organization/company/school) for the purposes of providing you with information of St. John, handling application, issuing receipt, collecting feedback, announcing training courses and promoting St John activities.
4. Other than the purposes mentioned in (3), St. John will not sell/rent/transfer your personal data in any forms through any means to any other parties.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data and Request for Cessation of using Personal Data for Promotion Purposes
Apart from the exemptions provided under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you are entitled to access and correct your personal data held by Hong Kong St. John Ambulance, and request us to cease to use your personal data for promotion purposes. However, it will not include the personal data deleted after the achievement of the purpose.
If you object St. John to use your personal data for the purposes as stated above, please mark on the “Opt-out Reply” with your full name, email address and date, and return it by mail/fax/email to us. No charge will be applied.
Name : Hong Kong St. John Ambulance
Address : St. John Tower, 2 MacDonnell Road, Hong Kong
Tel : 2530 8020 - 24
Fax : 2976 0457
[Appendix] Guidelines for Course/Examination Participants
HKSJA has arranged to clean and disinfect all classrooms and training equipment on a regular basis upon resumption of courses/examinations.
All persons should follow the following precautionary measures when attending course/examination organised by HKSJA:
Entering into Classroom/Examination Venue
1. Participant with respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath etc.) should wear a mask properly.
2. Report to the lecturer of the class/officer-in-charge of the examination immediately if feeling unwell during the course/examination.
3. Use 70-80% alcohol-based handrub to disinfect both hands, and follow all other preventive measures according to the instruction of the lecturer/examiner before each practical session. Bring and wear your own latex or Nitrile gloves (limited supply can be provided by the lecturer of the class/officer-in-charge of the examination upon request, while stock lasts) to avoid direct body contact.
4. When conducting CPR training/practical examination, while most practical procedures will remain unchanged, there is no need to do mouth-to-mouth rescue breaths. You are only required to state out the application of this procedure.
5. All used surgical masks or gloves should be disposed into lidded rubbish bin.
Please follow the above precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Virus. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at 2530 8020-24.
Hong Kong St John Ambulance Association
1 March 2023