- Date: 2099-12-31 ~ 2099-12-31
- Course Fee: HK$ 290.00
- Remaining quota:0
- Language of instruction: Cantonese
- Registration method: System checking
- Admission method: First in first serve
- Class location: ROOM 409, ST. JOHN TOWER, 2 MACDONNELL ROAD, HK.
- Require Examination: Yes
- Date of Exam:
- Time of Exam::-:
- Location of Exam:
Age limitation: 13 up
In addition to online registration, the Association will also reserve a number of places for personal or postal applications. Applicants should complete the Individual Application Form (AFI).
To introduce principles of First Aid in 30 hours
To recognise and practise First Aid treatment including CPR techniques
To provide hands-on practice for First Aid treatment at special circumstance
HK$290 per candidate (including equipment maintenance fee, certificate fee & mailing service and practical demonstration DVD)
First Aid Course Manual (Chinese Edition) HK$80/book
Bandages Pack K$38/pack
Disposable Face Shield HK$3/pc. (For training + examination use) (optional)
First aid certificate : will be sent within two weeks after results announcement]
For re-examination or any other reasons that require the re-issuance of certificates, a fee of HK$ 50/copy shall be applied.
Principles & Practice of First Aid
Action at an Emergency
The Structure and the Functions of the Body
Dressings & Bandages
Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for adult/and infant
Management of Airway Obstruction in adult/and infant
Wounds, Bleeding & Circulatory Failure
Shock & Fainting
Injuries to Bones
Injuries to Muscles, Ligaments & Joints
The Nervous System & Unconsciousness
Burns & Scalds
Procedure at Road Accidents
Handling & Transportation of Injured Person
Candidates attending less than 80% of the lectures will not be eligible for examination. Each candidate must be examined in the following subjects :
Theory of First Aid
Candidates, who failed in either one part of the Examination, can apply for the supplementary examination for the failed subject within 3 months from the date of the result announcement. Failures in two or three subjects are not eligible to sit for the supplementary examination.
The result announcement date will be made known to the candidates during the examination. Candidates can check examination results through the Association counter, or through our enquiry hotline on 2524 4888, using their preset caller ID number(s). Candidates will not be informed individually of the examination results.
Candidates who passed the examination will be awarded the "Certificate in First Aid" recognized by the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region which is valid for three years. For re-certification, candidates should take a refresher course/re-examination before the expiry of the certificate.
"Certificate in First Aid" has been accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic & Vocational Qualifications under the Qualification Framework (QF) as QF Level: 3, QF Credits: 10, QR Registration No.: 15/003057/L3 and validity period: 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2025.
"Certificate in First Aid" has been awarded the ISO 9001 Quality Management System Certificate by BSI (Certificate No.: FS 708014).
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Course
Nursing and healthcare related staff who completed "Certificate in First Aid" Course (AFA) can be awarded with 16 CNE points.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice
Class will be cancelled if the Black Rainstorm Warning/Typhoon Signed No.8 or above is hoisted, and class will be resumed when the signal is lowered 2 hours before class commencement
Course fee is non-refundable nor transferable
1. In general, students in the “Certificate in First Aid Course” of the Hong Kong St. John Ambulance will be required to make a minimum of 21 hours of self-study time to see the practical demonstration DVD and textbook contents of the first-Aid manual before the commencement of the course.
2. Students are also prepared to use a minimum of 37 hours of self-study time for the written and practical assessment.
3. “Certificates in First Aid” Course (Face-to-face mode)
- If the four-day continuous course, you need to use a minimum of three hours of self-study time every day before and after class to prepare lessons.
- If 10 lessons are required to make a minimum of 1.5 hours of self-study time should be used before and after each class.